Thursday, March 28, 2013

I'm not Pinterested

I pretty much hate pinterest.  I hate it because it exaggerates both my ADD tendencies (start everything, finish nothing_ and it inflames my guilty (everyone else is pinning THE best books to read to your kids-shouldn't I?).  And, I really hate it that it challenges my counter-culture feelings in the WORST way.  If I have an idea to do something, make something, go somewhere, write something, whatever, and that idea is popular culture-I will NOT do it anymore just BECAUSE it's popular culture.  I know that's pretty stupid, but I can't help it, I feel compelled to resist BECAUSE something is mainstream.  And, really, there are tons of "good ideas" on pinterest that I won't do because it's too cliche now.  Ugh.  I can't even stop myself from being so bullheaded.  

Let's take, for example, house hold organization.  I am a working parent, of three children.  My job is, luckily, not really stressful, and I have a lot of freedom, but still, 5 days a week 8 hours a day I'm not home.  So, my home is in total disarray.  I don't like to do housework, and even though I actually like a clean house (who doesn't) I don't practice any system of making it look that way.  Pinterest has gazillions of charts and plans and schedules and organizing tips and probably, I could learn a thing or two.  But if I get on Pinterest and see that my stay at home mom friend has pinned 5 new home organization tips that I deep down think are good ideas, my first instinct (this is so sad) is to rebel BECAUSE someone else I know (who I don't relate to in identity) thinks it's a good idea too.  

I can't be the only person who thinks like this, right?

Aren't we all sort of wanting to be original?

P.S., I do have a pinterest "account" but I don't pin and I look at pinterest about 2/month when I'm bored and feel like torturing myself.  And for the record, I know I can stop.  And for another record, I think it's a genius idea to have a virtual web board and I would really like to have the boards with no followers and no-one to follow, is that even an option?

   

No comments:

Post a Comment